Mercedes-Benz 722.9 Conductor Plate TCM Repair
This is a repair service for your existing 2004+ Mechatronic Mercedes Benz 722.9 Transmission Control Module (TCM) Conductor Plate or VGS that eliminates the need for any programming or SCN coding on vehicles that utilize the 7 speed transmission (7G Tronic). Our repair service is the only way to avoid the costly fees of programming a replacement conductor plate. Beware of other repair services that still require a Mercedes scan tool to clear the error codes that cause the vehicle to remain in limp mode. Circuit Board Medics offers the option to include a scan tool that will clear the codes when we return the rebuilt 722.9 conductor plate (see details below).
Conductor plate part numbers that we repair:
Models we repair:
The benefits of this 722.9 Conductor Plate repair service are:
- No need for any programming! No SCN coding required!
- Your existing keys WILL work upon re-installation
- No paperwork to file or red tape to order the parts you need
- It saves you hundreds of dollars over the dealership
- 1-business day turnaround
- Backed by our 1 year guarantee
- FedEx Return Shipping
Just reinstall the Mercedes TCM on your valve body, and you’re back in business!
Please do not ship your TCM with the valve body or the solenoids.
When removing your TCM, take care not to damage the transmission connection plug. As pictured below, the plug sticks up through the body of the transmission and must be pulled out along a straight path to avoid damage. There is a $50 charge if the transmission connection plug is broken.
Symptoms of a failed mechatronics transmission control module conductor plate can cause the vehicle to enter into limp mode and will also cause the following error codes - our repair service will only correct the following error codes:
- Turbine Speed Sensor - Y3/8N1
- 0715 - Input/Turbine Speed Sensor Circuit Malfunction
- 0716 - Input/Turbine Speed Sensor Circuit Range/Performance
- 0717 - The signal from component Y3/8N1 (Turbine Speed Sensor (VGS)) is not available
- 0718 - The signal from component Y3/8N1 (Turbine Speed Sensor (VGS)) is defective
- P2204 - The signal from component Y3/8N1 (Turbine speed sensor (VGS)) is not available
- P2205 - The signal from component Y3/8N1 (Turbine Speed Sensor (VGS)) is defective
- Internal Speed Sensor - Y3/8N2
- 2766 - Excessive rpm’s have occurred at component Y3/8n2 (Internal speed sensor (VGS))
- 2767 - The signal from component Y3/8n2 (Internal speed sensor (VGS)) is not available
- 2768 - Component Y3/8n2 (Internal speed sensor (VGS)) is defective
- P2200 - Component Y3/8n2(Internal Speed Sensor (VGS)) is not available
- P2201 - The signal from component Y3/8n2 (Internal speed sensor (VGS)) is defective
- Output Speed Sensor - Y3/8N3
- 0720 - Output Speed Sensor Circuit Malfunction
- 0721 - Output Speed Sensor Range/Performance
- 0722 - The signal from component Y3/8N3 (Output Speed Sensor (VGS)) is not available
- 0723 - The signal from component Y3/8N3 (Output Speed Sensor (VGS)) is not Intermittent
- P2206 - The signal from component Y3/8N3 (Output Speed Sensor (VGS)) is not available
- P2207 - The value of component Y3/8n3 (Output Speed Sensor) is implausible
False diagnostic codes for the Output Speed Sensor can be caused by faulty wheel speed sensors. For better diagnosis, please scan your ABS (Anti-lock Braking System) and ESP (Electronic Stability Program) modules for wheel speed sensor codes and inspect wheel sensor data PID (Parameter Identification Data). If any wheel speed sensor codes are present or a wheel speed "data is implausible" message exists, we recommend that you replace all affected wheel speed sensors and test again before removing your TCM.
If you are experiencing any other error codes than the ones listed above, please give us a call at (800) 547-2049 to discuss options.
Optional Scan Tool Rental Details
If you do not have access to a Mercedes STAR system/multiplexer or compatible scan tool that is capable of clearing the error codes from the vehicle's engine computer, we can include one with the return shipment of your TCM for a rental fee of $50. There will be an additional charge of $200 if the scan tool is NOT returned to us within 15 calendar days of the receipt of this product. Instructions on clearing the error codes are included with the scan tool.
Please contact us at 800-547-2049 if you have any questions.
Mercedes-Benz 722.9 Conductor Plate (TCM) Removal and Repair 7G-Tronic Transmission
How to Install a Mercedes-Benz 722.9 Conductor Plate (TCM) and Valve Body | 7G-Tronic
This video shows how to install a rebuilt Mercedes Benz conduc...
How to change the transmission fluid in a Mercedes-Benz 722.9 7G-Tronic transmission
This video shows how to change the transmission fluid on a 200...
How This Works
At Circuit Board Medics, our focus is on quality repairs, fast turnaround, and excellent communication. One key to achieving these goals is ensuring that we have customers' contact information and payment before beginning any repair order. Disclaimer: We are not responsible for lost, delayed, or non-repaired items shipped to our facility without an order number.
When you need a repair, follow these simple steps:
- Find your product on our website.
- Match your symptoms with our descriptions.
- Place your repair order.
- Ship your item to us.
- We'll repair your board and ship it out to you!
1 Year Warranty
Our no-hassle warranty covers your repair for a full year. If the repair fails anytime within a year, we will repair the item again. In the rare occasion that the item is not repairable, we will either replace the circuit board entirely or refund the cost of the repair, at our discretion. This warranty is non-transferable and applies only to the original purchaser.
Circuit Board Medics LLC is not liable for and hereby excludes any and all indirect, incidental, special, or consequential damages related to the use of services rendered by Circuit Board Medics LLC. Due to the nature of electronics and circuit board repair, Circuit Board Medics LLC cannot guarantee components and circuitry unrelated to the specific repair of symptoms covered in the description of services. In the event that an item is not functioning properly after repair, the customer will have the option to return it to Circuit Board Medics LLC for further testing. It is the responsibility of the customer to contact Circuit Board Medics LLC for return authorization before returning the item.Shipping fees for items being returned for testing are the responsibility of the customer. If the item has failed due to failed components or faulty workmanship, Circuit Board Medics LLC retains the right of choice to repair the item at no extra charge or offer a refund of the cost of repair initially paid to Circuit Board Medics LLC by the customer. If it is determined that the failure occurred due to external causes (i.e. faulty wiring, improper installation, failed external components, etc.), any guarantee, written or implied, will be considered null and void. Circuit Board Medics LLC is released of all liability, without limitation, for loss of profits, use, income, product, production, increased cost of operation, rental vehicle fees, or other loss arising in connection with the use of services rendered by Circuit Board Medics LLC. In no circumstances will Circuit Board Medics LLC be held liable or responsible for damages exceeding the total cost of repair paid to Circuit Board Medics LLC by the customer. This warranty is non-transferable and applies only to the original purchaser. This warranty is limited by the lifespan of the product or system in which it is being installed (i.e. when an automobile reaches the end of its useful life, a rebuilt instrument cluster cannot be transplanted into a replacement vehicle with continuous warranty coverage). Circuit Board Medics LLC makes no guarantee of the completeness of accuracy of information offered for troubleshooting assistance and will not be held responsible for the improper diagnosis of components by others.