REPAIRS

 Loading... Please wait...
  • ABOUT
  • SHIPPING
  • TESTIMONIALS
  • HOW THIS WORKS
  • FAQ
  • CONTACT

Circuit Board Repair Resource Blog

The Benefits of Upgrading Your Instrument Cluster Backlighting to LED.

Posted on

Driving through a foggy night or a heavy rainstorm can be challenging enough, and is even made worse when you have to squint your eyes at your blurry dash cluster while also trying to focus on the road. This situation can be frustrating and even dangerous. To fix this issue, you have two options: replace the current backlighting bulbs, or upgrade to light emitting diodes, otherwise known as LEDs. Replacing the bulbs with the standard bulbs seems practical, but you expect the same results for the backlighting of your cluster. chevy instrument cluster led upgrade Upgrading to LEDs can give you superior results when dealing with dim lighting issues on your instrument cluster. LEDs are known for giving an instrument cluster a brighter, crisper look. They increase the brightness of the cluster as a whole while allowing the driver also to dim the brightness of the cluster if they choose.

LED lights can also save your vehicle more energy than standard incandescent bulbs. On average, standard bulbs have a life expectancy of 5000 hours. However, LEDs have a much longer bulb life compared to standard bulbs. LED bulbs do not fade or get foggy over time, and they can last for over 25,000 hours. There is also a low heat output with LED bulbs compared to standard bulbs. LED bulbs are designed to put 80% of their energy towards light energy, which contributes to the brightness of the instrument cluster, while the other 20% is lost as heat energy. On the other hand, an incandescent standard bulb represents the opposite, in that they give off 20% of their energy as light energy, while the remaining 80% is given off as heat energy, which does not contribute to the visual displays of your instrument cluster.

volvo cluster led upgrades Upgrading to LEDs includes a nominal upcharge of $30, but they can save you more money, energy (for you and your vehicle) in the long run. At Circuit Board Medics we offer a variety of colors to customize your dashboard depending on the make and model of your vehicle and your personal preferences. We currently offer colors such as red, cool blue, dark blue, green, and white for certain makes and models.

If you are interested in purchasing some LEDs for your cluster, click the button below to see a list of all instrument cluster repairs with the LED upgrade option, or if you have any questions, feel free to contact us at 1-800-547-2049.

See All LED Upgrades

How Do I Package My Module to Ship?

I know what you’re thinking… “I just placed my repair order and have no idea how to pack my unit.”  Let me help you. You’ll be tempted to wrap your item in 39 layers of Saran Wrap, an old t-shirt and a blanket, or surprise us with a box, inside a box, inside a box. [...]

Read More »


Shipping Frequently Asked Questions

At Circuit Board Medics our goal is to minimize the cost for your repair and return your unit back to you as soon as possible with better than new parts.  We honor this goal through each part of our process, including shipping.  All of our standard repairs include a quick 1-Day turnaround in our shop. [...]

Read More »


Custom Tuning Your Ford 6.0L FICM

If you love your 6.0L Ford truck, but you are always looking to get more out of your favorite diesel workhorse, we have a way to help you further optimize your Powerstroke to its full potential. In addition to rebuilding your FICM to better than new standards, we can tune your FICM too by [...]

Read More »


Mercedes-Benz 722.9 Conductor Plate TCM Failure Overview and Solution

The 722.9 (7G Tronic) transmission is Mercedes-Benz's 5th generation automatic transmission with 7 forward and 2 reversing gears first introduced in 2004. While providing improvements in overall shift comfort and driver experience throughout the gear set, they are unfortunately prone to failure, specifically in the speed sensors on the Conductor Plate / Transmission Control [...]

Read More »


Key Programming - Programmable or Clone?

There comes a point in almost everyone’s life when you lose a key to a vehicle. For the longest time, if your key was a transponder key, your only option was to pay a fortune at your local dealership to have them cut and program a new key. Now there are mobile locksmiths and hardware [...]

Read More »


W10219463 And W10219462 Microprocessor Replacement

We are pleased to announce that Circuit Board Medics can replace the failed microprocessor on your Kitchenaid (Whirlpool, Jenn-Air, Thermador, Kenmore, etc.) refrigerator control board part number,W10219463 and W10219462.  Many other companies are claiming that circuit boards are "non-repairable" when the microprocessor fails, but we have a 100% success rate with both control boards.  We even have [...]

Read More »


KitchenAid Refrigerator Control Board Removal Videos

We've been hard at work creating a few videos on how to remove a KitchenAid refrigerator control board for part numbers, W10219463 or W10219462. The control boards on these refrigerators are failing and are no longer being manufactured. If your refrigerator control board is in need of repair, click here to learn more about our KitchenAid refrigerator control [...]

Read More »


Ford Fusion PCM Removal Video

Having trouble with your 2006-2008 Ford Fusion due to faulty ignition coils? Are you seeing a check engine light with one or more of the following codes: P0351, P0352, P0353, P0354, P0355, P0356? We can help! Visit the page below for more information about our repair and exchange options:http://circuitboardmedics.com/ford-fusion-pcm-repa...

Read More »


How to Identify Counterfeit or Damaged Ford Motorcraft Ignition Coils

We have seen the damaging effects of a lot of Ford Motorcraft counterfeit ignition coils, otherwise referred to as coil on plug or COPs, to PCMs over the years. The prevalence of counterfeit coil on plugs (COPs) in the market has dramatically increased within the last year. Ford Motor Company has even released a document to help identify fake coils [...]

Read More »