Custom Tuning Your Ford 6.0L FICM
15th May 2017
If you love your 6.0L Ford truck, but you are always looking to get more out of your favorite diesel workhorse, we have a way to help you further optimize your Powerstroke to its full potential. In addition to rebuilding your FICM to better than new standards, we can tune your FICM too by loading a performance enhancing custom tune from Power Hungry Performance to take your truck to the next level. Click the button below to learn more about our FICM tuning and repair solution.
Benefits of Tuning
Tuning your FICM is beneficial for every driving style behind the wheel of a 6.0L Powerstroke. Even if you have an ECM tune already running, you will still be able to see the following improvements:
- Better Throttle Response - Experience a faster response when you hit the accelerator! Your Powerstroke can respond more like a gas truck when you properly tune the FICM.
- Improved Fuel Economy - Driver tendencies aside, FICM tuning will improve your fuel economy under normal driving conditions. Most drivers realize a 1-3 mpg improvement in overall fuel economy.
- Increased Horsepower - Tunes are available that deliver true, at-the-wheel improvements in horsepower (up to 100 HP) across the whole range of your Powerstroke engine.
- Cold Starting Improvement - The latest inductive heating strategies assures reliable cold starting time and time again for your 6.0L.
But I Already Have an ECM Tuner
ECM tuning strategies already implemented on your truck will not interfere or compete with the FICM tuning available. ECM tuning is an important part to unleashing your truck's potential but without a FICM tune, you will never get the most from your 6.0L. These two modules work in concert with each other to run your truck, and tuning both will enable you to experience the most gains. If you do not already have a tune on your truck, then FICM tuning is a great place to start improving your driving experience.
Available Tunes From Power Hungry Performance
- Economy - This tune applies to all driving styles and trucks. No modifications are needed at all. This tune does not boast any horsepower gains but you will see improved throttle response and fuel economy. Towing is not limited at all with this tune.
- Atlas 40 - This tune improves the throttle response and fuel economy while providing a 40 HP gain. The Atlas 40 tends to be the most popular one loaded in customer's trucks. Head studs are recommended but not required. Moderate to heavy towing is ok, but if you regularly tow over 8,000 lbs, we recommend you have a way to actively monitor your Exhaust Gas Temperatures (EGT) and not allow these to climb over 1500 F.
- Atlas 80 - This tune improves the throttle response and fuel economy while providing a 80 HP gain. When you step into this tune, other considerations need to be made to insure your truck's reliability and longevity. Light towing (under 8,000 lb) is ok, but EGTs need to be closely monitored. Your truck needs to have head studs upgraded and an upgraded exhaust system is strongly recommended. Automatic transmission modifications need to be considered also, especially if you plan to do much towing on this tune.
- Hercules - This tune improves the throttle response and fuel economy while providing a 100+ HP gain. This tune is only for trucks that have head studs, upgraded exhaust, EGT monitoring, transmission upgrades and is for extremely light or no towing applications. Are you drag racing your 6.0L? If so, maybe this is your tune...if not, scroll back up for a different option.
Please contact us at 1-800-547-2049 if you have any questions on FICM tuning, repairs, or click the button below to learn more about our FICM tuning and repair solution.