2000 - 2006 BMW Siemens MS43 DME/ECU Misfire Repair Service
This BMW Siemens MS43 DME (Digital Motor Electronics) MISFIRE repair service affects the M54 straight-6 cylinder engine commonly used in many 2000-2006 BMW vehicles. The DME is sometimes also called the ECU (Engine Control Unit) or ECM (Engine Control Module). With our repair service, we fix the "root" cause of the issue using upgraded components with no impact to your VIN locked DME. There is no programming required, and the DME will return to you ready to install (plug and play). Our service will eliminate misfires that are created by a failed MS43 DME in E36, E37, E39, E46, E53, E60, E61, E65, E66, E83 and E85 series (see typical vehicle list below). This failure is the most common problem with the Siemens VDO BMW DME, and as often indicated by one or more of the following diagnostic trouble codes:
- 30BA - DME Digital Motor Electronics, Internal Failure
- 30BB - DME Digital Motor Electronics, Internal Failure
- 29D0 - Cylinder 4 Misfire
- 29D1 - Cylinder 5 Misfire
- 29D2 - Cylinder 6 Misfire
- 29CD - Cylinder 1 Misfire
- 29CE - Cylinder 2 Misfire
- 29CF - Cylinder 3 Misfire
- 29CC - Misfire Multiple Cylinders
- 238 - Cylinder 1 Misfire
- 239 - Cylinder 2 Misfire
- 240 - Cylinder 3 Misfire
- 241 - Cylinder 4 Misfire
- 242 - Cylinder 5 Misfire
- 243 - Cylinder 6 Misfire
- 2742 - Cylinder 1 Misfire Detected
- 2743 - Cylinder 5 Misfire Detected
- 2744 - Cylinder 3 Misfire Detected
- 2745 - Cylinder 6 Misfire Detected
- 2746 - Cylinder 2 Misfire Detected
- 2747 - Cylinder 4 Misfire Detected
- 274E - Random / Multiple Cylinder Misfire Detected
Siemens MS43 DMEs are in the following vehicles:
- 2000-2006 E46 320i, 320Ci, 325i, 325xi, 325Ci, 330i, 330xi, 330Ci
- 2000-2004 E39 520i, 525i, 530i
- 2000-2002 E36/E37 Z3
- 2003-2005 E60/E61 520i, 525i, 525xi, 530i
- 2002-2005 E85 Z4
- 2003-2006 E83 X3
- 2000-2006 E53 X5
- 2002-2005 E65/E66 730i, 730Li
Our rebuild service uses upgraded components, is reliable and the easiest way to get your BMW back on the road using your car's original DME! Avoid the mishaps associated with purchasing a used DME from the junk yard, third-party or the cost of a replacement from the dealership.
- There is NO PROGRAMMING REQUIRED!
- Your existing keys WILL work upon re-installation.
- Fixes the following error codes: 30BA, 30BB, 2ACC, 29D0, 29D1, 29D2, 29CD, 29CE, 29CF, 29CC, 238, 239, 240, 241, 242, 243, 2742, 2743, 2744, 2745, 2746, 2747 and 274E
- "1" business day turnaround!
Your DME will arrive ready to install and use! Our staff is extremely knowledgeable about this common failure of the engine computer and will be glad to answer any questions you have. You can find a list of part numbers of MS43 DMEs below.
Your DME should have the part series number MS43 on it. In addition to that, it will have a part number similar to the ones listed below. Note: This is NOT a complete list. If you do not see your part number listed, please call us and we can check on your unit. 800-547-2049
Our no-hassle warranty covers your repair for a full year. If the repair fails anytime within a year, we will repair the item again. In the rare occasion that the item is not repairable, we will either replace the circuit board entirely or refund the cost of the repair, at our discretion. See Details...